St James Primary School
Who are school Governors?
All school governors have a drive to make a positive contribution to the children’s education and experience at St James Primary School.
The school governors at St James provide a balanced set of skills, come from a variety of backgrounds with representatives drawn from the local community, staff and parents/guardians of children within the school. They bring a wide range of skills and expertise to challenge and support school improvement.
All governors are committed to always working in the very best interests of the pupils.
Meet the governors.
The Governing Board is currently made up of the following members:
Chair of Governors
Rev. Elizabeth Dunning
Vice Chair of Governors
Rev. David Bishop
Councillor Stephan Wade
Our code of Practice
What is the role of the Governors?
The Governing Body should:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Operate in such a way that statutory duties are met and priorities are approved
- Provide challenge and hold the headteacher and senior management team to account for improving the quality of teaching, pupils’ achievement, behaviour and safety
- Use performance management systems across all elements of the school to improve leadership, teaching and management
- Support and strengthen the school leadership
- Contribute to the school’s self evaluation and understand its strengths and weaknesses
- Engage with the wider community
- Ensure a sound financial approach exists and is managed effectively
- Use the pupil premium and other sources to overcome barriers to learning including reading, writing and mathematics.
Governors are required by law to act with integrity, objectivity and in the best interests of the school at all times.
How to contact governors
If you wish to contact the Governors, please make your request through the school office. A Governor will be get back to you as soon as possible.