Click here for our Attendance Policy
Our school attendance target for this academic year is 97%, you can help keep St James’ attendance levels up by following these few simple steps:
- Arrange all non-urgent medical, dental and optician appointments outside of school time.
- Get to school on time, everyday.
- Inform the school office if your child is going to be absent from school.
Top Class – Every week we have an attendance competition between our year groups. The year group with the best attendance that week are awarded with Alexander in class!
Did you Know?…
A child that achieves 95% attendance still equates to 50 lessons missed per year!
Being 15 minutes late each day is the same as missing 2 weeks of school!
If you would like your child to join St James Primary School you will need to contact Walsall’s school admissions team to check for vacancies in your child’s required year group, if a space is available, complete all of the necessary paperwork and then liaise with us to get your child settled in as smoothly as possible.
School admissions – 01922652585
For Walsall’s school admissions please click HERE
We will admit up to 26 part time pupils who are aged 3 on or before 31st August for that academic year.
When applications for Nursery are oversubscribed given any of the above conditions, the following criteria will apply in order to decide who will enter the school:
- a) Children who have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of entry.
- b) Due consideration will then be given to other applicants in terms of distance from the school measured in a straight line
Please click on the link below if you would like to download a copy of our nursery / school application form: