Local School Committee
What is the role of our local school committee?
The local school committee should:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Operate in such a way that statutory duties are met and priorities are approved
- Provide challenge and hold the Executive Headteacher and senior leadership team to account for improving the quality of teaching, pupils’ achievement, behaviour and safety
- Use performance management systems across all elements of the school to improve leadership, teaching and management
- Support and strengthen the school leadership
- Contribute to the school’s self evaluation and understand its strengths and weaknesses
- Engage with the wider community
- Ensure a sound financial approach exists and is managed effectively
- Use the pupil premium and other sources to overcome barriers to learning including reading, writing and mathematics.
The local school committee are required by law to act with integrity, objectivity and in the best interests of the school at all times.
How to contact our local school committee
If you wish to contact the local school committee, please make your request through the school office. A member of the committee will be get back to you as soon as possible.
Local School Committee Member
Mr A Hicken
Chair of Federation Executive Board
|Mr N Brown||Chair of Local School Committee|
|Mrs J Wilson||Executive Headteacher|
Mrs C MacInnes
Head of School
|Mrs S Lines||Deputy Head of School|
|Mrs L Hodson||Staff member|
|Mrs E Wanglin|
Federation member with responsibility for SEND and PPG
|Mr D Sandy|
Federation member with responsibility for Safeguarding and Online Safety
|Mr P Farmer||Co-opted member|
|Mrs S Taylor-Janes|
Co-opted member with responsibility for safeguarding
|Mrs M Green||Parent member|