This week we are learning about numbers to 5
Here are some rhymes to help us form the numbers 1-5.
l - Go straight down and that is all.
2- Wing it round and then go right.
3- Wing it round then once more.
4- Down right and cut in half.
5- Down round, put on a hat.
Here is a game to play to practice number bonds to 5
- Find 5 things you can throw, eg. rolled up socks, scrunched up pieces of paper.
- Find something to throw them into, a tray or a pan.
- Stand back and throw the objects into the pan.
- Count how many landed in and how many landed out.
- Write the numbers down - these are number bonds to 5.
0 + 5
l + 4
2 + 3
3 + 2
4 + l
5 + 0