Start spreading the news... you're leaving today...
Wednesday 8th July,
Hello my lovelies! We are almost at the end of our school year.☹️ One of your Y6 traditions is to get your goodbye messages from your friends. Even though we are not altogether in school, that doesn't mean we can't still do that. We just need to be a little bit creative in the way we do it. 😊Click the star below to see your virtual leavers book!
There are clear instructions for you to follow and an example page (which I will delete when we have completed our messages).
I will let you know when everyone has completed their messages then you can print off your page and frame it as a keepsake if you would like to.
If you have any questions, text, email or message me on Dojo and I will help you.
Love Mrs Selvey x
*** EDIT *** *** UPDATE ON LEAVERS FAREWELL MESSAGES***
There is a technical difficulty with comments being shown altogether.
*** TROUBLESHOOTING ***
1. When you open the ppt presentation, you need to click enable editing ( near the top of the slides). This will let you insert a text box.
2. When you have added your messages to each of your friends you need to save the ppt to your device.
3. Email this to me and I will transfer your comments onto the original document.
4. I will send confirmation to you to let you know when your comments have been added.
5. Some of you are having trouble opening the ppt presentation on your phone. I think this might be because you haven't got the office app (which is what ppt uses to open)
6. If you can't access the ppt presentation you can send me the comments to each of your friends direct by email or by using word doc.
7. Let me know if you have any more problems and I will do my very best to help you.
Love Mrs Selvey x
Friday 19th July
Thank you to those that have already sent your farewell messages for your virtual leavers' book. Some of your messages have bought tears to my eyes with the kind words that you have written for you class mates.
Remember, I need these sent to me by Tuesday at the latest, to give me time to upload them all for you.
Get in touch if you need any help, but you seem to be doing just fine!
Love Mrs Selvey x
Monday 29th June,
Good morning Year 6 & families,
Around this time, we should be planning your leaver's celebrations together. As we all know, things are a little bit different this time, but we won't let it stop us celebrating all of your achievements and recognising your time spent at St. James. We just need to be a little bit creative on how we do this, so this is where I need your help and I would like all of you take part. This is what I would like you to do...
I need you to record a short video of yourself describing your favourite memory at St James. This can be a trip you have been on; a favourite lesson; a favourite activity or time that you have spent with your friends, doing something that you really enjoyed while at school or something completely different!
As we can't be together to give each other our leaver's messages in our autograph books, I would also like you record a short goodbye message to your friends (and teachers 😉) at school.
I hope that you all take part in this as I know you will love the end result!
Can you email your two videos to me by Friday 3rd July at 2pm. 😊
Love From Mrs Selvey x
scroll down for todays LEGO challenge & Daily Disney draw
Mindfulness & Well-Being
Something a little different...
All resources from last week are further down the page- just click the star week 1 whenever you want to re-visit any of the activities. there is also a HOT MONEY star for you to complete the latest chapter from Mrs MacInnes😊
TT Rockstars - Log-in details will be text today
Some of you have got in touch and asked for the class log-in for Prodigy Maths so that you can compete against your class mates. The code you need is below.